During registration you may purchase our new “vintage style” Sugoi cycling jersey with any option for an additional fee (while quantities last.)
- On-line Registration will be open until June 20 at 12:00 Noon.
- Early Bird Fee savings from February – June 9 are $60 and $115 (with a jersey-while quantities last) plus HST and $5 process fee.
- From June 10 – June 20 Registration fees $75 and $139 (with a jersey-while quantities last) plus HST and $5 process fee.
- Event Day weekend June 22 or 23 Registration fees are $100 total and $160 total (with a jersey – while quantities last) Note: Event Day fees are total fees (HST and processing fee already included)
- Note: ONLY cash only will be accepted for registration on Event Day Weekend
- NOTE: Credit card payments will NOT be accepted on June 22 or 23.
- Event has a cap of first 1000 riders – don’t delay register today to avoid disappointment!
Event Day weekend June 22 or 23 registration:
- Fees are $100 and $160 with the jersey (while quantities last). Total fees cash only. No credit cards will be accepted event day weekend.
Saturday June 22
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
We strongly encourage all pre-registered riders to pick up their packages on Sat. June 22.
Event day weekend registration is available for last minute entrants/out of town entrants but they too are encouraged to register on Sat. June 22.
Please note pre-registered riders must come in person to pick up their packages as a hard copy Canadian Cycling Association waiver must be signed by each participant. You CANNOT have someone else pick up your packet for you. Registration and package pick up on Sat. June 22 is at:
- Adventure Guide 225 The Boardwalk Ira Needles Blvd at University Ave Kitchener, Ontario 519-886-3121.
(Note: Out of town cyclists or local cyclists unable to come on Sat. can pick up on Sun. June 23 from 7 am – 7:55 am at the Sybase / iAnywhere parking lot)
Sunday June 23
Parking will be allowed at the Sybase / iAnywhere parking lot for 130 and 70 km riders. However if you are a 70 km rider and need to leave right after your event you should park at either the RIM parking lot off Hagey or at the University of Waterloo Parking lot off Hagey near Columbia Icefields arena.
7:00 am – 7:55 am
Same day registration will also be accepted on Sun. June 23 (event day) till 7:55 am (cash or cheque only), but we encourage registration the day before.
- The registration tent will be at the corner of Wes Graham Way and Hagey Blvd in the Sybase / iAnywhere parking lot.
What’s included in the Registration Fees
- Continental breakfast of coffee and bagels will be available on-site from 7:00 am – 8:00 am
- Mass start corralled by category with racers at the front, next serious enthusiasts then recreational riders
- Gran Fondo format with chip timing, cash prizes/medals will be awarded in the 130 and 70 km for Top 3 male, female, Top 3 Masters male, female, Top 3 U19 male, female and Top 3 – 5 person teams (only 130 km teams). 40 km medals will be awarded only for individual winners in the above categories. Note; no team prizes in 40 km race will be awarded.
- 4-5 km rolling neutral start led by Waterloo regional police, lead group will have police support for entire route but NOTE: not a closed course. The YELLOW LINE RULE is in effect.
- Route and rest stop support, gatorade refreshments, bananas, snacks, etc.
- “Drive Thru” rest stop support for 2nd stop on 130 km route
- St. John’s First Aid services and REACT emergency services as mobile responders
- Marked routes with signage
- Police support (note: NOT a Closed course) route marshals, support vehicles, mechanical support at start and on routes
- OCA sanctioned Gran Fondo charity event
- Great meal served from 11:00 am – 2:30 pm
- Donation from registration fees to support Grand River Hospital Foundation and KW Counselling Services
Note: We ride rain or shine, but will not ride in a thunderstorm
Cancellations: cancellation requests postmarked by June 15, 2011 will be refunded less a $25 processing fee per person.
No Refunds after June 16, 2012. In the event thunderstorms cause cancellation of event same $25 processing fee will apply
NOTE: If you are a 70 km or 40 km rider and need to leave right after your ride ends then you should park at either the RIM parking lot off Hagey Blvd or the University of Waterloo parking across from Columbia Icefields Arena and Recreation Centre. This will allow you to leave the event easily.
No entrance will be allowed to the Sybase /iAnywhere parking lot off Wes Graham way on Sun. June 23 as the start/finish line is directly in front of this entrance and for safety reasons will be barricaded.
Please follow the parking signs/parking marshals.